Tips on Finding a Good Babysitter or Nanny:
The best way to find a reliable babysitter or nanny is to ask neighbors or friends you trust if they have anyone they can recommend, use or know personally.
If a friend or family member can´t recommend a babysitter to you use the following tips to help you find a better babysitter or nanny.
1. How old do you want your babysitter or nanny to be? Concentrate on finding someone with experience in child care and don´t be afraid to ask questions.
2. Does your babysitter or nanny need to be able to drive? If so make sure you ask for proof of insurance. You may also want to make sure they know how to properly use a car seat.
3. If you can, interview the babysitter or nanny before hiring them. Appearance should be a good thing to look at. Are piercings and tattoos exposed to your children okay for you?
4. Always ask for references. References are a good way to get a feel for how other people like the babysitter or nanny.
5. A lot of babysitters and nannies today have qualifications such as CPR training and First Aid training. If possible, find out if the babysitter or nanny you are considering has any qualifications.
6. If you child has special needs make sure the babysitter or nanny is able to handle those needs.
A good thing to do when looking for a babysitter or nanny is to sit down and make a checklist of everything you would expect in a babysitter, nanny, or anyone caring for your child. You should always interview when you can and don´t be afraid to ask someone you are considering questions. If you don´t feel 100% satisfied leaving your child with someone, use that as a sign that you may need to consider someone else.
BABYSITTER AND NANNY RESOURCES
All of the above listed links will direct you to a seperate website.
Babysitting / Babysitter / Babysitters / Nannies / Nanny